We Are Hiring:
Title: Registered Nurse / PACU
Location: Greater Milwaukee Area Ascension Hospitals
City, State: Milwaukee, WI
Details: 1.0 FTE / Rotating Shift.
8 hour shifts. 1.0 FTE; 40 hours per week. Flexible start times. Call is required; 1 shift during the week at minimum. Weekend call required. Rotation can vary, but every 4th weekend at this time. Call would be required with a 30 minute response time.
Rotation to CSM, SJ, Tosa and Elmbrook. A home base will be assigned.
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's care needs with members of the healthcare team
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support preferred. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities at 20 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Nearly 20,000 Ascension Wisconsin associates currently serve in four locations throughout Wisconsin - Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Ministry Healthcare, Columbia St. Mary's, and Affinity Healthcare. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.