Salary: $30.93 - $43.26/Hr.
$64,334 - $89,981/Annually
Hours of Work: To Be Determined
Location: Northfield, Ohio
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time, Non-Exempt from the bargaining unit
The nature of the work will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Assesses & evaluates nursing & medical needs of patients who are hospitalized (e.g., admissions, ongoing treatment, discharges).
- Initiates & directs implementation of nursing care plan.
- Observes, evaluates & records patient behavior, condition & response to medication, treatments & therapeutic activities.
- Provides professional nursing care (e. g., administers medications & treatments as ordered by physician, educates patient on medication(s), assists with physical examinations, takes & records vital signs, performs venipuncture); responds to emergency situations (e.g., codes, suicide, assault).
- Directs delivery of & evaluates psychiatric & nursing care of patients as delivered by professional & nonprofessional staff (e.g., licensed practical nurse (i.e., LPN), therapeutic program workers (i.e., TPW) on assigned shift, monitors LPN medication administration, documentation, patient care & operation of medical equipment (e.g., stethoscope, blood pressure monitor, glucometer); precepts & provides support for nursing staff as assigned.
- Prepares, reviews, implements & updates records/reports/plans (e.g., individual treatment plans, incidents, restraints/seclusions, nursing care plans, shift reports, transfers, admissions & discharges); transcribes &/or verifies doctors' orders.
- Writes nursing summaries; participates in ongoing performance improvement/quality assurance.
- Serves as interdisciplinary treatment team member; performs variety of miscellaneous duties (e.g., light housekeeping in patient areas & living quarters; identifies & reports safety concerns; attends & completes required trainings & educational programs; schedules unit shift breaks/lunch).
Requires current license as registered professional nurse in state of Ohio as issued by Board of Nursing per Section 4723.03 of Revised Code.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT REQUIRED TO REMAIN IN THE CLASSIFICATION AFTER EMPLOYMENT:
Biennial renewal of licensure. Obtain & maintain certification in CPR.
BENEFITS AND MORE:
- Sign-On Incentive for newly hired RNs
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Leave
- Health insurance available the first day of following month after employment
- Dental, Vision & Life insurance after 1 year of continuous service at no cost
- Disability Leave benefits after 1 year of employment
- Continuing Education opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Retirement – Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS)
- Ohio Deferred Compensation (Optional)