Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people's health. We're always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Abbott's Nutrition Division develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Fast paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation - 3 weeks accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor's degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
- Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
The Opportunity - Senior Quality Engineer
This position works out of our Casa Grande, AZ location in the Abbott Nutrition Division. Casa Grande, Ariz., is one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about half of its products exported around the world. Working here, you'll feel part of a family - a family of 480+ that works together to help nourish the world.
What You'll Work On
The Senior Quality Engineer is involved in all aspects of the manufacturing operation from assessing equipment needs, to documenting installation, qualification, and ongoing validation of equipment and processes. The Quality Engineer is also expected to assist in the identification and resolution of quality related issues and work with other areas to resolve issues.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review RCEs, Validation documents, Preventative Maintenance & Calibration records to identify impact to quality aspects, GMP and potential product hazards.
- Contribute to development of appropriate process designs and validation protocols; assist in the design and execution of validation protocols when required.
- Assist in the development and performance of process capability studies on manufacturing equipment. Work with equipment reliability teams on process improvements.
- Assist in development and implementation of quality and productivity improvement projects.
- Provide Quality Assurance input to the change control program and maintenance of the Validation Master Plan. Perform periodic reviews.
- Assist in exception report root cause analysis, exception report trending and problem identification and resolution on Quality Assurance and Validation projects.
- Perform HACCP GMP, IFA, cross connection / backflow, SQF validation / verification and other quality and compliance audits as required.
- Ensure updates are made to the HACCP and Food Safety Plans based on impact of changes in the plant from a Hazard Assessment & Risk based approach.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING:
Minimum 4+ years of technical experience in a manufacturing organization AND Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Science (preferably Manufacturing, Engineering or other related disciplines)
Minimum of 4+ years in a manufacturing environment with emphasis on Quality.
Technical knowledge of food manufacturing equipment, processes and procedures.
Must have HACCP and PCQI certifications.
Knowledge of Statistical processes and requirements
4+ years' experience /knowledge of Food Manufacturing, HACCP, FSMA regulations, Low Acid Food regulations, Infant Formula regulations, Aseptic processing and other requirements such as Kosher and Halal preferred.
4+ years working with statistical tools and problem solving.
Must have strong computer technical skills, data analysis.
Must be able to work and influence cross functional teams, self-motivated, design to solve problems and drive programs/teams to completion.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity and a Military/Veteran Friendly employer.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.