LER TechForce, an LHP affiliate, previously LHP Engineering Resources, is looking for a Senior Software Design Engineer to work in Metro Detroit. This is a full time direct role and sponsorship is allowed.
Our Senior Software Design Engineer is responsible for developing by designing, coding and testing real time embedded software for power-controlled system applications such as DC-DC Converter and DC-AC Inverters for automotive products.
Actively participate in the software development for new and existing products which include all phases of the V Development Cycle. Requirements (Gathering and Analysis), High Level Architectural Design, Detail Design, Coding, Unit Testing, and Functional Testing (Integration and Integration Testing).
- Be accountable for software project milestones from Requirements to Release.
- Develop the software product by following industry and automotive standards.
- Provide support for hardware component selection as well as hardware software integration.
- Actively participate in the existing product improvement.
- Actively participate in software and hardware reviews.
- Work closely with customer during product development.
- Promote architecture and design re-use.
B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- At least 6 years of experience in embedded software design.
- At least 3 years of automotive experience.
Power electronics or motor control experience.
- Knowledge base of IPC and automotive standards.
- Knowledge of:
- Software development tools and languages such as C and Assembly.
- Micro-controllers such as ARM, Microchip, and NXP.
- CAN or LIN communication protocols (CAN preferred).
- Software configuration tools.
- Electrical circuits, transducers, sensors, data acquisition, and laboratory equipment.
- Automotive software development standards, such as CMMI and ASPICE.
- DFMEA and control plans.
- Functional safety and ISO-26262.
- AUTOSAR would be a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).