At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Are you ready to build the future? Boeing's Embedded Training / Live Virtual Constructive (ET/LVC) training systems team is hiring a senior manager to lead our growing portfolio of products and customers. Government Training Engineering (GTE) ET/LVC team is responsible for designing, developing and delivering cutting edge ET and LVC training solutions for the newest military platforms. These systems blend Live, Virtual, and Constructive domains to generate readiness, enhance proficiency, and optimize training for aviators. Injecting synthetic threats into live aircraft cockpits as well as linking live aircraft to ground based training devices for full LVC systems. Boeing's ET/LVC systems are built on a Common Simulation Framework (CSF) backbone and utilize simulation protocols such as Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) and High Level Architecture (HLA). This position will expose you to pilot training tactics, simulation standards and tactical and training datalinks. ET/LVC is the next generation training capability at the forefront of current and future training systems and Boeing is on the cutting edge of this technology.
The successful candidate will be leading highly-motivated software development teams. This leader will be responsible for execution, performance, and growth of our ET/LVC portfolio by
- Positioning BSM to laser focus on growth mandates
- Driving current programs' execution
- Establishing key relationships within Boeing Research and Technology (BR&T) and BDS to accelerate technology transition for rapid productization
- Leading technology development, maturation, and transition based on customer use cases
- Prioritizing interfacing with our end customers in the Department of Defense (DoD) and internationally
As the leader of the ET/LVC team you will be on the forefront of designing and developing both Ground Based Training Systems (GBTS) as well as aircraft software for ET/LVC. Come be a part of Battlespace & Simulation Management (BSM), a diverse, multi-disciplined, fast paced, highly collaborative team of engineers, operating in a scaled agile environment, using the latest tools and methodologies. Develop your technical acumen as well as your leadership skills at a company with huge potential for long-term career growth. At Boeing we value your curiosity, your determination, and your imagination. Position Responsibilities:
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Development and execution of programs across BSM portfolio
- Strategy planning and technical roadmap development and execution
- Execution of long-term vision/objectives through management of NBF, IRAD, R&M, IAD, and BDS funding
- Pursuit of growth opportunities with Business Development, Strategy, and Global Sales & Marketing
- Development of new business proposals (Prop AG/Proprietary efforts, FLRAA, T-7 Derivatives, etc.)
- System level collaboration across business units (F/A-18, F-22, FLRAA, Apache, etc.)
- Coordination with BR&T technology planning, maturity, and transition efforts
- Tactical execution of specific program efforts (FLRAA, T-7A, F-18)
An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required. Required Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- 5+ years of experience leading or managing software engineering activities
- 5+ years of experience do you have in following a software development life cycle (i.e., application development & support)
- Agile software development knowledge
- Experience with strategic planning and the creation of technical roadmaps
- Experience integrating hardware and software systems
- Bachelor degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or related discipline
Typical Education/ Experience:
- DevOps experience
- Experience working on either aircraft training systems or a modeling and simulation project
- Experience in real-time, near real-time, or embedded systems
- Experience as a CAM (cost account manager) in EVM (earned value management)
- Experience with mentoring, coaching, guiding, and leading teams of junior and peer engineers
- Experience working with internal and external customers and suppliers .
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility Hybrid/Telecommute
This Hybrid position allows some telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. (St. Louis, MO). Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. GENERAL:
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date. Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.