At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join us as part of Automated Test Equipment Software team to support, develop and maintain software being used by Design Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering in the Airplane Functional Test environments in the Renton, WA area. Position Responsibilities:
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- Uses a disciplined approach for the design, development, operation, maintenance, and documentation of software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to engineering, scientific, and manufacturing requirements.
- Uses the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and environments as laboratory simulation systems, airplane flight control and display systems, avionics, mechanical and electrical systems, commercial and military aircraft systems, and other systems and applications of this nature.
- Interfaces with customers, application users, US and Indian team members and other technical and support personnel in various shifts
. Basic Qualifications (Requires Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Must have 3 years of software development experience using at least one of high-level languages (e.g. C#, Java, C++, etc).
- Knowledge of BCAG processes and procedures is a desired requirement along with experience in complex software and hardware systems.
- Experience from BCAG in Flight Controls, Mechanical Hydraulic, Propulsion, Electrical or Grounding Systems Engineering or relevant group with functional test or rigging experience.
- Experience in designing and developing REST APIs
- Experience with Full-Stack web development.
- Experience with Micro-services based architecture
- Experience with Data Analytics
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure and technologies such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with C#, Windows OS (W-7, W-10), SQL, Access, NET framework, NET Core, ASP.NET, HTML, XML, Java Script, and JSON
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Typical Education/Experience:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. This position is 1st shift Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.