- Opportunity to grow into leadership roles
- Opportunity to travel throughout the Midwest with bonus earning potential!
About Our Client
Superintendent opportunity with a family owned General Contractor in the greater St. Louis area. With over 25 years in the St. Louis construction space, this general contractor continues to be one of the most reputable contractors in the retail, federal, commercial, and education space. This construction company is currently looking for a Superintendent to work on Midwest projects in the retail space.
Reporting directly into the General Superintendent, the main duties and responsibilities of the Superintendent will include the following:
- Supervises day-to-day work of crew and prioritize work at hand.
- Ability to effectively lead a crew on schedule while monitoring quality of work at hand.
- Work with subcontractors, suppliers, utilities, city inspectors, organize and direct activities concerned with their construction projects.
- Effectively follow plans/guidelines while conducting regular safety meetings.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, performance, and quality standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and safety requirements, including crew member discipline and documentation.
- Monitor and control project through managing the construction schedule and directing subcontractors and suppliers to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Manage close out process and warranty responses with project manager
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings, including project and subcontractor meetings
- Investigate potentially serious situations, anticipate project delays, monitor job site safety, and implement corrective measures.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive compensation package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Union Carpentry experience
- 1+ year of Superintendent experience
- Proven ability to deliver construction projects on time and on budget.
- Must be able to work in a multiple-project construction environment.
- Ability to read and understand plans
- Capable of problem solving and experience with complex detailed projects.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary based on experience ranging from $80k - $100k
- Lucrative bonus earning potential
- Excellent healthcare benefits
- PTO negotiable
- Company truck
- Phone Allowance or Company Phone
- Company events and community outreach
- Flexible working
- Growth potential toward potential leadership roles