This position will be divided between the CITY OF ROCKY RIVER (RR) (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) and the ROCKY RIVER MUNICIPAL COURT (RRMC) (Tuesday, Thursday).
City of Rocky River: Under the supervision of the Municipal Information Technologist, the Technology Assistant will assist with support for all computers, information systems, and infrastructure as assigned by the supervisor. He/she will assist in server administration, troubleshooting for city employees, website maintenance, as well as assist in the safety and security of all computers and technology.
Rocky River Municipal Court – Under the supervision of the Systems Administrator, the Technology Assistant will assist in support for all computers, information systems, and infrastructure as assigned by the supervisor. He/she will assist in troubleshooting for court employees, website maintenance, as well as assist in the safety and security of all computers and technology.
The Technology Assistant operates various Computers (desktops and laptops), Tablets, Servers, Network Boards, Surveillance Systems*, Copiers, the City’s telephone system*, cell phones (IOS), credit card machines*, time clock systems*, various municipal software platforms*, as well as basic office equipment. The work is performed in a typical IT environment where the employee is not generally exposed to adverse environmental conditions. Works in various environments with temperature sensitive equipment.
1. Computer/Equipment Administration 40%
- Helps with desktop support: Including Windows 10, MS Office Products, Office 365 and Printers. Includes working knowledge of desktop computers and portable devices (e.g. IOS).
- Helps with maintaining city phone system: Working knowledge of Cisco UC System
- Maintains inventory of all IT equipment, as well as hardware, software, and licensing
- Monitors inventory so that it is used for city business only
2. Maintenance 40%
- Executes Application Support for cloud or on premise.
- Performs Server Support: Server 2012 through 2019; including Active Directory proficiency with DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
- Manages firewalls, switches, cameras and wireless access points, including VPN and client access; minor network switch programming;
- Installs and terminate CAT 6 cabling.
- Assists in the analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of hardware and/or software problems across multiple platforms to promote a healthy and safe IT environment
*Denotes essential function of the job